Where travel agents earn, learn and save!
News / Disney Cruise Line’s new island oasis in The Bahamas to open in summer 2024
Photo: Adult-exclusive beach, Lighthouse Point
Disney Cruise Line has announced a brand new island destination in The Bahamas, coming in summer 2024.
Called Lighthouse Point on the island of Eleuthera, the one-of-a-kind destination – much like Disney’s cruise ships and private island of Castaway Cay – will feature activities and areas for every age group.
These will include:
- An expansive family beach with market-style dining and recreation
- A Bahamian art and culture pavilion featuring special programs and local artists
- A family water play area with two slides, water drums, fountains and a dedicated space for toddlers
- Recreational activities including a covered gaming pavilion, a volleyball court and gaga ball pit, watercraft, bike rentals and nature trails
- An adult-exclusive beach with a dedicated dining area and six private cabanas available by reservation
- A themed kids’ club for children ages 3-12, supervised by highly-trained Disney Cruise Line counsellors and featuring a splash pad inspired by ‘The Little Mermaid’ and dedicated dining area
- 20 premium family cabanas available to rent, including four double cabanas that accommodate larger groups and offer massage services
- A collection of new Port Adventures developed in partnership with local tour operators
Lighthouse Point will be created in close collaboration with local artists and advisors to highlight Bahamian culture. When guests arrive, they’ll be greeted by sweeping architecture in bright hues, references to playful folklore characters, and curvilinear buildings that appear as Bahamian shells scattered along the shoreline. Plus, at least 90% of the destination’s electricity will be met by an onsite solar array out of respect for the environment.
Lighthouse Point will be open for guests on select sailings in summer 2024. Additional details about inaugural itineraries, entertainment, dining, retail and excursions will be released at a later date.
For more information go to disneycruise.com.