News / The new melia.com: A website for a new generation of travelers
The new website, operational from today, is defined as "user-centric", because it has been designed and tested by real users seeking to adapt and personalize the browsing and search experience to the profile of each user, and also "mobile first", since it has been conceived from the beginning of its design for mobile devices, and much more “experiential”
In its permanent process of technological evolution and following its philosophy of anticipating customer expectations and consumption habits, Meliá Hotels International launches its new website. Melia.com is a strategic channel for the Company that already accepts approximately 50% of its reservations, both from end customers and professional groups (travel agents, companies and group organizers), and which seeks to promote three aspects that constitute a differential value in the face of new reality of tourism in the post-pandemic:
- Positioning: raising the positioning of the Group's brands and hotels
- Personalization and loyalty program, as key elements to differentiate
- Experiences: showing a much more experiential vision of the hotels and destinations where the Company operates
This new generation website will come to light at a time when the trend of online reservations is favored by the acceleration in the digital transformation in society in general caused by the recent pandemic, and will provide consumers with much more transparency, accessibility and a richer information. All the content on the website has been written by professional editors, providing it with more information and transparency, promoting the offer of superior experiences - in high demand at the moment - and offering the customer what they are looking for at all times.
For this more digital, more expert and demanding traveler, seeking experiences and travelling with a purpose, the new state-of-the-art Melia.com website features:
- Building a digital experience which is (almost) as complete and stimulating as it would be in person
- Adapting to the “mobile first" reality of Melia clients (more than 65% of web traffic already comes from mobile devices)
- Providing Melia brands and hotels with their own personality and with renewed graphic content
- Creating a "one to one" experience with customers, personalized according to their tastes and needs by applying an innovative real-time personalization system based on artificial intelligence
- Increasing the visibility of the benefits of the MeliáRewards program, allowing loyal customers to know more and better what they can do with their points, both when traveling and in their day-to-day activities
- Making room for other services beyond the sale of a room, incorporating other offerings from the hotels themselves, but also from destinations that are part of the customer's 360º experience when travelling
- Incorporating a new reservation process based on "attributes", different from the traditional processes, where the comparison is easier and the user feels greater transparency and control, also facilitating upselling for customers who are looking for more premium products
The key is personalization
The new melia.com makes the booking experience even easier and more user friendly, simplifying processes and the flow of actions to help customers and facilitate decision-making at every step.
To achieve this, Meliá has developed an innovative personalisation algorithm which allows the website to make the most appropriate recommendations based on users' browsing habits, also adapting browsing on the website to their tastes and preferences to make their searches more effective and efficient, and increase their satisfaction with the results.
Starting today, the website is being put into operation in Spain and other European markets, testing its operation on a significant percentage of customers. It is scheduled to be fully operational in 100% of markets at the beginning of August